Friends of the Library of Hawai'i awards scholarships annually to Hawai'i residents seeking a Master's Degree in Library Science at the University of Hawai'i. The scholarships provide financial assistance to students who are currently enrolled in the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, University of Hawai'i, or who have been accepted for enrollment in the fall or spring semester.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete and submit the FLH Scholarship Application, and all required materials (see below) by May 29, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be considered. See the Scholarship Policy Statement.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download the PDF reader.
1. Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i FLH Scholarship Application. This form must be submitted electronically with your electronic signature.
2. Personal letter describing applicant’s objectives and clearly establishing reasons for pursuing a library career. This should include any information the applicant feels would be helpful to the Committee in considering scholarship assistance.
(Must be attached to application form.)
3. Read and agree to the Scholarship Policy Statement.
4. Two letters of recommendation from persons other than family members who know the applicant well and can comment on the applicant’s character, ability, and potential for success in librarianship. Please have the letters sent directly to FLH.
5. Official transcripts of undergraduate work and any graduate work completed should be mailed directly to FLH.
All mail should be directed to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Friends of the Library of Hawai‘i
690 Pohukaina Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Once your complete application has been submitted, you will be contacted for the interview process beginning in late May/early June.
For more information, Contact Us or call (808) 536-4174.